Zirconium Coating (Zirconium Veneers)
Health and aesthetics of teeth are very important for a beautiful smile, therefore, cavities, colour changes, tooth decay and other dental problems can negatively affect not only health but also the aesthetic aspects of the smile.
In such cases, the use of dental crowns or veneers is preferable to prevent tooth loss and give a more aesthetic appearance.
In the past, teeth damaged by cavities (dental caries) were filled with relatively inexpensive amalgam fillings (so-called “silver seals”), however, due to their dark coloration, they do not look as good as porcelain or composite fillings.
Zirconium veneers (also called “zirconium coating”) are prosthetic restorations made on a zirconium oxide substructure. It is a substance characterized by considerable mechanical strength and high aesthetic qualities.
Zirconium coating is most commonly used in the following cases:
- Significantly discolored teeth that cannot be improved by teeth whitening.
- Concealment of ridges (also known as “mamelons”) or minor damage to teeth, e.g. cracked and chipped teeth or worn edges.
- Minor correction of tooth position, e.g. in the case of a slight sprain or crowding.
- Repairing and hiding of unsightly-looking fillings.
- To ensure teeth have a white, harmonious and aesthetic appearance.
Advantages of zirconia coatings compared to other methods include:
- High light transmission; zirconium oxide is a material used in the procedure that gives the teeth a white and natural appearance.
- Durability; it provides good protection for the teeth.
- Long lasting; since it does not contain metal alloys in its structure, it provides not only an aesthetic appearance but is also a good match for long-term use.
- Not affected by thermal factors.
Zirconium coating can be applied to people who are over 18 years of age and have completed the development of their teeth.
The scope of the planned procedure and the choice of color is determined individually, in accordance with the patient’s requirements and needs.
Local anesthesia is used so that the patient does not feel pain or discomfort. The teeth are properly shaped, cleaned and then the target teeth are measured. During the preparation of zirconium veneers, a temporary veneer is placed on the teeth. Once the actual veneers are ready they are bonded to the teeth.
The duration of the treatment may vary significantly depending on the number of teeth on which the veneers (coating) will be applied.
Veneers can be used for many years. The duration of use depends on several factors, including proper oral and dental care and routine checkups.
For detailed information on zirconium veneers (coatings) and other dental treatments, please contact Customer Service.