Since 2010, breast aesthetics has begun to attract a lot of attention around the world. Thanks to the breast aesthetics, planned individually for each patient, you can change the shape, size and overall appearance of the breasts.
The most common causes of breast sagging (ptosis) are: the patient’s age, gravity, improperly selected bra, breastfeeding or other genetic factors. The solution to this type of problem is a breast lift surgery.
It is an aesthetic treatment performed under general anaesthesia, thanks to which the breasts can be lifted and tightened, which in turn will provide a fuller and more attractive appearance. In the medical language, this procedure is referred to as “mastopexy”.
Anyone over 18 years of age with no contraindications related to the procedure can undergo a breast lift surgery.
As the tissues that make up the breasts may still be in the process of development, the procedure is not performed on people under 18 years of age.
If the person who wants to perform a breast lift is a breastfeeding mother, it is recommended to postpone this treatment until the end of the breastfeeding period.
This operation can be performed in two different ways.
- For people with abundant breasts, it is recommended to remove excess breast tissue in the first step. Then, to achieve the effect of lifted breasts, it is necessary to recreate the breast gland and move it with the nipple areola complex higher.
- In patients with less abundant breasts, breast lift can be combined with implant enlargement surgery, which will result in a fuller and perfectly lifted breasts. Also during this procedure, the nipples can be moved higher for a more attractive appearance.
Although breast lift surgery varies depending on the patient and the scope of the surgery, it usually takes about 2 hours.
Women usually get this procedure on an outpatient basis, meaning there’s no overnight stay. Depending on the doctor’s recommendation, patients can return to their daily lives within an average of 3 to 7 days.
The bruising and postoperative swelling observed in the first days largely disappear within a week.
After surgery, it may take up to 3 months for the breasts to look as expected.
Do’s and don’ts after breast lift:
- Ensure that the postoperative scar area is dry and clean.
- Change the bandages as instructed by the doctor.
- Wear a special bra during the period prescribed by your doctor.
- Pay special attention to personal hygiene in order to minimize the risk of infection.
- For sleeping, choose a lying position on your back.
- Avoid exercise and increased physical activity.
- Do not jump, run or lift heavy objects during the time indicated by the doctor.
For detailed information on breast lift surgery, please contact Customer Service.